This privacy note explains the types of personal data we may collect from you, how we use it and how we store it and keep it safe. We may need to update this privacy notice from time to time, so you can check back here to find out if there are any changes.
Who is Poole Lighting?
Poole Lighting Ltd also trades as Endon Lighting and Saxby Lighting. Poole Lighting Ltd, registered office at 9 Cabot Lane, Poole BH17 7BY, company registration no 04740426
What personal data do we collect from you?
Although we only trade with businesses, the data we collect from you may include some personal data about you to set up and maintain your trading account with us. This will be -
- Your name and your business trading name
- Your business address, telephone number and address
- Name and contact details of your buyer, store manager and accounting department
We may also hold data that we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies and credit insurers.
Once you are a customer you voluntarily provide personal data when you raise an order with us by placing an order on our e-trading hub or by email to our sales team. This order may include name and delivery.
If you have purchased a Poole Lighting product with a warranty agreement, we will hold data about you to register the warranty agreement between us. You may need to communicate directly with us in relation to a product fault or if there is a necessary product recall. This will be –
- Your name and home address and contact details
- Details of your relevant purchase including the date and proof of purchase
- Details of the installer, if relevant
If you have an Endon account or a Saxby account with us, we may also record telephone conversations between you and our customer services team for use for training purposes within this team.
How do we use your personal data?
Order data is used to process orders, to handle your payment and to communicate with you on the status of your order. It may also be used to process any product returns from you and customer service requests.
If you have a trading account with us we may also use your contact details to send emails to you to inform you of new products, promotions and other news about our business which we would like to share with you. We will always give you the opportunity to not receive these.
The data obtained from credit referencing agencies and credit insurers is used to determine the amount of credit we will give you on your account with us.
Recorded telephone conversations are only used by the customer service teams for ongoing training and, from time to time, to help establish your requirements.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We pass your name, delivery address and delivery contact telephone number to third party courier providers to deliver your orders to you or to collect products from you that you wish to return to us. We also engage with third party service providers for IT systems maintenance and development. These service providers are only provided with the personal data that they need to perform their services and they are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data for other purposes without your prior authorisation.
If you are a member of a buying group with whom we have a trading relationship, we may share some of your personal data with them in order to account for the trading terms between us.
We may be obliged to disclose your personal data to a third party to meet legal obligations, regulations or fulfil a valid governmental request.
Link to other websites
Our e-trading hub may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy notices applicable to the websites in question.
By applying and maintaining a trading account with us, you are consenting to Poole Lighting processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
If you believe that any data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible to the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Whenever we collect or process personal data, we will only keep it as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, it will be either deleted completely or anonymised.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. We do not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Poole Lighting or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
In the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Poole Lighting will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested; a copy of your driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Poole Lighting is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us, you have the right to complain to Poole Lighting’s Managing Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Poole Lighting Ltd, attention of the Managing Director
9 Cabot Lane, Poole BH17 7BY
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioners Office
ICO helpline: 0303 1231113